First Nations Clean Energy Network - Policy Lead (Identified)
The First Nations Clean Energy Network (the Network) was launched in November 2021 and operates under an auspice arrangement with Original Power.
The Network is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Policy Lead (Identified) who can assist with the Network’s critically important policy development and engagement work.
The Policy Lead will work closely with the Director Policy and Engagement to undertake the policy development and engagement work of the First Nations Clean Energy Network and to lead the delivery of specific policy and research projects.
Key responsibilities of the Policy Lead include:
Providing policy advice on activities and projects related to clean energy, including the implementation of national regional and remote demonstration projects
Assisting with the coordination of the First Nations Clean Energy Network policy working group and research working group, including preparing briefing papers and updates for the group members and broader Steering Group
Undertaking industry research and analysis that can contribute to organisational strategies and procedures
Maintaining stakeholder database for the clean energy team (eg. key contacts in government and other organisations) for the purposes of communication, advocacy and engagement activities
Monitoring relevant policy and clean energy sector developments and keeping internal teams up to date
Provide policy support to other team members when required
Project management to ensure projects are delivered in a timely, efficient and impactful manner.
You've got what it takes - Key selection criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications which may include energy, public policy, economics, environment, renewable energy, law, sustainable development or journalism.
- At least 2-4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of specialist areas of policy relevant to the work of the Network
- High level of cultural knowledge with experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to generate high quality research-based content on deadline for a range of audiences
- Excellent organisational skills including time management, project management, record keeping, general administration and coordination of activities involving a wide range of people
How to Apply
To apply for this role please, visit our job listing on either Ethical Jobs or Seek, and upload a brief resume (no more than two pages) and a concise cover letter addressing the essential & desirable criteria per the position description.