Original Power is an Indigenous-led not-for-profit organisation building community partnerships to achieve self-determined outcomes.
We specialise in the delivery of First Nations renewable energy projects and Indigenous workforce development to improve livelihoods, build resilient communities and support enterprises to thrive.
Original Power works with Indigenous communities in the Northern Territory and other Australian States to:
- Manage the full lifecycle of renewable energy projects from planning and feasibility to commercialisation strategies, procurement and installation, operation and maintenance.
- Provide detailed data analysis and modelling to identify cost-effective options for your project from a range of tried and tested generation and storage technologies.
- Design and deliver rooftop, stand-alone, and grid connected renewable energy systems. We install and commission systems to AUS/NZ standards while upskilling Indigenous trade trainees in all aspects of project delivery, operation and maintenance of renewable energy assets.
- Provide transparent governance and financial management services. Our operational support will ensure robust procurement planning and project finance management to ensure longevity of assets and quality control.
- Implement innovative pilot programs and advocate for policy reform. The research and development invested in our projects directly support ou policy advocacy work to reduce barriers and harness solutions that improve. access to lower cost, clean energy for First Nations people. ,
- Facilitate targeted education to equip consumers and communities with the resources to pursue better project outcomes and fairer access to affordable energy.
Original Power's Clean Energy Team, based in Darwin, Brisbane, Mataranka, and Borroloola consists of highly skilled staff with extensive experience in First Nations' project development., including:
- Project Management
- Community Engagement and Development
- Trade Qualified Contractors
- Financial and Accounting Services
- Indigenous Cultural Consultants
Original Power is committed to growing the local capacity of our mob by engaging a team of community-based renewable energy trainees in each of our project locations, investing in workforce development from electrical, metal fabrication and construction to support project delivery. We provide certification in Renewable Energy Pathways Certificate II as a starting point into ongoing careers in the exciting renewable energy industry.
Supported by strong financial and governance processes and workforce development practices, we ensure renewable energy assets operate at optimal performance and support stronger community outcomes for the life of the project.
Original Power is about harnessing renewable energy's transformative potential for our communities. From sustainable design on remote homelands to improving cost and reliability for community power systems, building resilience through workforce development and sharpening competitiveness for First Nations' enterprise, we're committed to investing in better outcomes for our mob.
Get in touch to find out how we can help you.
P 0413 534125
Original Power Workforce Development Hub | 231 Martin Rd, Mataranka, NT.